- A non-redundant set of protein-protein interaction data from a broad taxonomic range of organisms
- Expertly curated from direct submissions or peer-reviewed journals to a consistent high standard.
- Available in standard formats MITAB or PSI-MI XML 2.5
- Provided by a network of participating major public domain databases.
Orchard, S., et al.
IMEx is funded by the European Commission under PSIMEx, contract number FP7-HEALTH-2007-223411
IntAct and MINT increase collaborative efforts
Having successfully collaborated for many years in the establishment of molecular interaction data standards, curation rules and the IMEx Consortium, the MINT and IntAct databases now move closer together to share infrastructure and optimise future software development. All data manually curated by the MINT curators has been moved into the IntAct database at the EBI and merged with the existing IntAct dataset. Data maintenance and release will be the responsibility of the IntAct team, with both groups actively contributing to the continuing curation effort. The MINT PSICQUIC and IMEx services will be maintained, as will their MENTHA workbench . All MINT manually curated data will be available from the IntAct ftp site in addition to search and download via the IntAct website.
- 1. Calderone A, Castagnoli L, Cesareni G.(2013) Mentha: a resource for browsing integrated protein-interaction networks. Nat Methods 10(8), 690-691.
IMEx Overview Video
An overview of the IMEx website is now available on youtube here